How Your Support Helps
We Need Your Support
Our historic properties are in constant need of care and attention and we also have ambition plans to refurbish our various museums in order to ensure that they are welcoming to our visitors, centres of excellence for educational visits and fit homes for our nationally Designated collections.
Your donation would have the following impact:
- £2 would buy a basic pair of white gloves to handle our collections.
- £5 would buy a pair of Victorian Slates and pencils for our Victorian Schoolhouse.
- £10 would buy enough electricity to light the Darby Furnace building (a free entry museum) for a week
- £20 would buy a pair of safety boots for a Volunteer.
- £50 would buy a Data Logger to monitor environmental conditions in the museum, preventing any damage to artefacts.
- £250 would provide one of our demonstrators with a custom made period costume.
We are currently raising funds for the following key priorities:
- Refurbish Coalbrookdale Museum of Iron, enhancing the visitor experience and creating better environmental conditions for our collections.
- Build a protective cover over Bedlam Furnace to shield it from the elements.
- Enhance our Lifelong Learning programme to provide individuals of all ages and abilities the opportunity to engage with and learn from our Industrial Heritage.
- Carry out on-going Conservation and Restoration work across our 10 sites to ensure future generations have continued access to the national treasures in our care.